About Our Charlottesville Heating & AC Service Company
Serving Customers for Over 30 Years
From the first time you contact our team to when your service is complete, you will learn what our customers already know – we are different. Most companies install their heating and cooling systems based on their definition of comfort. The fact is that everyone’s definition of comfort is different, and the only definition that matters in your home is yours. With a commitment to total comfort, Albemarle Heating & Air has always designed heating and cooling systems based upon your needs and with a focus on health, safety, comfort, and the environment.
Created to Serve Your Needs
Tom Kavounas saw the need for a company of superb quality that focused on the Charlottesville area customer’s needs rather than on budget pricing. The response from local architects and builders was overwhelmingly supportive. Albemarle Heating & Air was founded in March of 1988. The business operated from a one bay garage with five people and two old trucks. The company, with its unique customer focus, grew faster than ever anticipated. Word spread from happy clients who were finally comfortable in their homes and buildings. Today, Albemarle Heating & Air is 100% employee owned and comprised of over 80 individuals with some of the best training and experience of any company in the country.
- Certified Indoor Air Quality Specialists
- Certified Indoor Environmentalists (CIE)
- Administrators, Honeywell Air Advice IAQ Monitor
- EPA, Energy Star Program, Duct System Testing Facility
- EPA, 40-CFR Part 82 Subpart F Testing Facility
- EPA, 40-CFR Part 82 Certified Proctors
- National; Balance Institute, Certified Residential and Light Commercial Air Balancing and Diagnostic Technicians
- Enalasys, Escan AC Computerized HVAC Diagnostic Systems Engineers (One of only 90 in the U.S.)
- Licensed Master HVAC
- Licensed Master Gas Fitter
- Certified Universal Technician
- Certified Energy Consultants
- Accredited Mortgage Industry National Home Energy Rating System Consultants
- Certified Home Energy Raters (HERS)
- Air conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) Certified Instructors, Manuals J, D, H, S, RS, 4, T, P, Q, CS, N. (Certified to teach other contractors)
- American Institute of Respiratory Education (Certified to teach continuing education credits in Indoor Air Quality to the medical profession)
- Refrigeration Service Engineers Society (RSES) Certified Training Facility
Schedule your service appointment with our Charlottesville heating and AC repair team by calling (434) 226-7349.
Throughout he kept me informed and was very professional and polite. He is definitely a credit to your company!- Mark D.
Beyond Satisfied- F. Ginsberg
Bryan Hice Rocks AHA!- Tim B.
Simply the best experience I've had with HVAC.- Erik B.
Excellent work.- Steve W.
- Trane Comfort Specialist Dealer (fewer than 16% achieve this designation)
- Daikin Dealer
- Waterfurnace Dealer
- Mitsubishi Diamond Dealer
- Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) – Board of Directors
- American Society of Heating Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Energy Rated Homes of the South
- EPA Energy Star Partners (Fewer than 2% of the contractors in the U.S.)
- Indoor Air Quality Association
- Refrigeration Service Engineers Society (RSES)
- Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET)
Schedule your next service appointment with our award winning Charlottesville heating and AC repair team by calling (434) 226-7349. We also offer a variety of rewards for new customer referrals.
You deserve comfort all year long. Learn about the benefits of our maintenance club.learn More
We want to make it easy for you to get what you need when you need it.Learn More
Careers at Albemarle
Are you looking for an exciting career within the HVAC industry?Join Our Team