The Purpose of Albemarle Heating & Air
Making Sure You Get the Service You Deserve
Albemarle Heating & Air was founded with one guiding principal, to make a difference in peoples’ lives. We realize that our customers are often focused on their comfort as they simply want to stay cool on that hot summer day or remain warm on that cold winter night. The fact is that 90-93% of the air that you breathe in your home, or office, passes through the heating and cooling system. Coupled with the fact that your heating and cooling system is often the most expensive single system in your home or commercial building, it stands to reason that it is more important than simply keeping you warm or cool.
We are completely focused on the health, safety, and comfort of each of our Charlottesville area customers. The Environmental Protection Agency suggests that heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems are designed specifically for the property. Our team at Albemarle Heating & Air is focused on making sure you receive services that are personalized to your needs.
When hiring a technician, we ask you to consider each of these important criteria:
- Health – Your air conditioner, heating, and ventilation systems play an important in filtering the air that enters your home. If there is an issue with the seals at some point in the line, you could be driving up your utility cost and exposing yourself to potentially dangerous pollutants. Things like insulation debris, household chemicals, mold, and allergens can all end up in the air you are breathing.
- Safety – Having leaks in your ventilation system can also make your heater extremely dangerous. In fact, furnaces, boilers, and even fire places can create dangerous gases. If these gases are not being properly moved throughout the system, you could be exposed to things like carbon monoxide.
- Comfort – If your air ducts have leaks, wrong size fittings, or were not properly installed, this will have a major impact on your comfort. It means that your system could be working inefficiently in some rooms and too well in other places.
- The Environment – We do not expect our customers to be naturalists or environmentalists, but the fact is that the majority of Americans know and accept the fact for many years we have been doing things to our environment that are potentially detrimental to our health. The EPA estimates that the average newly installed ductwork system in your home or commercial building suffers from 30 to 40% leakage. If you are wasting a significant portion of your heating and cooling system’s performance through leaky ducts, “your home is using more energy to get the same job done. Albemarle Heating & Air was the first company in our market to address this concern and we initiated this long before the EPA published any data on the subject. We remain the only company that guarantees a maximum duct leakage rate and we test the ductwork to verify it.
- Efficiency – Doesn’t it make sense that if your ductwork is suffering from leakage that your system is not operating efficiently? After all, operating a system that is sized improperly or has leaky ducts is like driving your car on a hot day with the windows down and the air conditioning on the highest setting …. you won’t be very comfortable, and you will use more fuel. In addition, although you may have purchased a new high-efficiency system with a high SEER rating, keep in mind that the actual system efficiency will be determined only after the system is installed. Leaky ducts, improper sizing, poor design, or an improperly installed system can effectively lower the SEER rating of your new system to 3 or 4.
Albemarle Heating & Air realizes that in a competitive industry, such as the heating & cooling industry, companies will always follow the industry leader by making similar assertions and guarantees without having the knowledge, experience or ability to back up their promises. If you are having problems with your new system, ask your contractor to see the design load calculations for your system and ask him to verify the results that they promised. Then, call Albemarle Heating & Air. Ask about our 100% satisfaction guarantee and see why industry professionals and peers have ranked Albemarle Heating & Air as one of the Top 4 Heating and Cooling contractors in the United States, and the only one in Virginia.
Schedule your service appointment with our Charlottesville HVAC technicians by
calling us at (434) 226-7349.
You deserve comfort all year long. Learn about the benefits of our maintenance club.learn More
We want to make it easy for you to get what you need when you need it.Learn More
Careers at Albemarle
Are you looking for an exciting career within the HVAC industry?Join Our Team